Friday, February 17, 2017

Follow the Prophet, Don't Go Astray.

              Jacob 4: 6—“Wherefore, we search the prophets, and we have many revelations and the spirit of prophecy…”
              Prophet: a person who speaks for God, or by divine inspiration. I believe in Prophets of God. In other words, I believe in a loving Heavenly Father who is willing to speak to us through his chosen servants. We frequently refer to the living prophet of God as the Lord’s mouthpiece. Today, we are blessed to have the loving guidance of our dear prophet and current president of the Church, Thomas S. Monson.
              President Monson receives revelation directly from the Lord for the benefit of us. Us! It seems as if there’s this odd misconception that the one I see as a literal servant of the Lord, is considered someone who is lying to us. Those of us who have humbly followed the counsel of holy prophets of God can boldly join me in proclaiming that is far from the truth. Prophets have been called of God to lead us. To protect us. To bring us come closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. To help us have happiness in greater abundance.
              Chapter 4 in the book of Jacob shares key principles in our attitude towards following the prophet. Receiving the words of the prophets with thankful hearts can help us recognize the blessings bestowed in our lives, and will raise us to a higher plane of living allowing us to receive a fullness of blessings prepared for us. Obedience is the key to happiness in this life. Prophets are the key to learning obedience.
              I’m grateful for the continuation of the Lord’s generous pattern in calling prophets. Our prophet speaks to us frequently. Most recently he’s encouraged us to sincerely show Christ-like love in our interactions with others in a message called titled As I Have Loved You. What a holy privilege we have in listening and heeding the words of the Prophet. I know that as we do so, it can bring power and hope into our daily lives.
              “The words of the prophets are like manna to our souls.”—Carl F. McConkie

No comments:

Post a Comment