Enos 1: 5-6—“(5) And there came a
voice unto me, saying: Enos, thy sins are forgiven thee, and thou shalt be
blessed. (6) And I, Enos, knew that God could not lie; wherefore, my guilt was
swept away.”
I grew up in
a family of 5 boys. That’s one older brother and 3 younger than me. I don’t
think I have to say much else for you to guess there’s always been plenty of
rough-housing. I think of opposition when it comes to wrestling. And oh what
great feelings of satisfaction and joy come when you are triumphant, both in
physical wrestles (especially when your little brother who’s actually bigger
than you, thinks he take you) and in spiritual wrestles.
These
spiritual wrestles may come in different forms. Maybe you feel prompted to do
something, but aren’t exactly comfortable with the idea of doing it. Perhaps
you’ve already done something that’s making you uncomfortable because you
shouldn’t have done it, and now you must figure out how to fix it. Whatever
shape these spiritual wrestles come, they tend to be a bit more difficult than
physical wrestles.
A common
theme found in the Book of Mormon is the power of forgiveness that can flow
into our lives through faithful application of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
Sometimes we do make mistakes, we sin. We can receive a forgiveness of these
mistakes, and this forgiveness is truly a one of the greatest forms of
happiness one can embrace. However, before we feel this incredible power, there
tends to be a wrestle. Please don’t let this make you hesitant to seek for that
power in your life. I say you shouldn’t be hesitant, because these wrestles
happen “before” God. God is on our side, and He is fighting with us.
Something I’ve learned in life is nothing worth
keeping is easy getting. I’ve also found that it is in the struggle that we
learn the most. We come to find and know ourselves, and we become better
through it. One of the best fights we can make in this life is to be honest
with ourselves. What is holding you back from your potential? What is getting
in the way of your true happiness? Find it. Fight it. With the help of God, you can overcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment